The Freightliner Trucks 114SD is built for severe duty: packed with power and ready for work. For starters, the Detroit™ DD13® engine comes standard with a base rating of 350 hp and 1350 lb-ft of torque. Detroit™ DD8™, Cummins L9, and ISL-G engines also are available as options. Detroit-powered 114SDs are available with the Detroit™ Connect suite of connected vehicle services to maximize uptime. The 114SD has optimized mid-chassis packaging and a strategically mounted after-treatment system. The chassis layout simplifies upfitting for truck equipment manufacturers. And Freightliner’s proprietary SmartPlex® Electrical System provides unmatched flexibility when configuring a truck to suit specific body installations.
We’ve applied sophisticated engineering to the structural elements of our work trucks. First, our cabs are lightweight, yet extremely tough. Corrosion-resistant aluminum is reinforced with e-coated steel and assembled to precise manufacturing tolerances with Henrob rivets and welded construction. This process produces a durable and safe cab that meets stringent A-pillar impact, rollover, and back wall impact tests. Plus, the vocational chassis includes a robust backbone with a complete offering of single- and double-channel frame rails. The result is a tensile strength of up to 120,000 psi and an RBM ratio up to 4.4 million inch-pounds per rail. This means the 114SD can handle whatever job is thrown at it, day after day, year after year.
The 114SD also offers an incredible combination of durability and comfort. It’s been through rigorous testing to ensure that it delivers performance and reliability in the most demanding situations. And the automotive-style interior is designed to keep operators safe and productive. Put simply, the 114SD sets the new standard for engineered performance and efficiency.
• 114" BBC steel-reinforced aluminum day cab
• Set-forward front axle position @ 31"
• Strong, durable cab and hood
• Radiator-mounted mold-in color front grille with signature styling
• Front grille, headlight bezels, engine air intake grille, bumper, and primary mirrors trimmed in black
• Halogen composite headlights
• Air rear cab mounts
• Ergonomic wing dash
• 63" x 14" rear window
• Up to 50-degree wheel cut, depending on wheel equipment
• DetroitTM DD13® engine with 350 hp, 1350 lb-ft torque
• Eaton® Fuller® 10-speed manual transmission
• Front axle rated at 12,000 lb.
• Rear axle rated at 40,000 lb.
• 60-gallon cylindrical fuel tank
• Bright-accented front grille with chromed grille surround, headlight bezels, and engine air intake grille
• Engine air intake pre-cleaner
• Integral front frame extensions in 12" and 24" lengths for front bumper stabilizer install
• Large selection of wheelbases with frames and frame reinforcements to meet severe duty needs
• Front engine, rear engine, and transmission power take-offs
• Three batteries mounted under cab with clear back-of-cab packaging
• Range of cylindrical and rectangular aluminum fuel tanks
• Steer axles from 12,000 to 22,000 lb.
• Single drive axles from 21,000 to 38,000 lb. rating
• Tandem drive axles from 40,000 to 58,000 lb. rating
• Tridem drive axle set rated at 69,000 lb.
• Multiple clear frame specifications for outrigger installation
• Pusher and tag axles rated from 8000 to 22,000 lb., available in single or dual configurations
• A wide range of Eaton and Allison transmissions including 4700 RDS
• Freightliner AirLiner® and TufTrac® rear suspensions
• Hendrickson® and Chalmers® rear suspensions
• Expanded dash instrumentation, switches, and controls to meet almost any vocational application
• DetroitTM DD13® engine with up to 505 hp and 1850 lb-ft torque
• DetroitTM DD8TM engine with up to 350 hp and 1050 lb-ft torque
• Cummins ISL engine with up to 380 hp, 1300 lb-ft torque
• Cummins Westport natural gas engines up to 400 hp and 1450 lb-ft torque
• Removable and frame-mounted front tow devices
• Grab handles with rubber inserts
• 3.2 million RBM single-channel frame rail
• Engine compartment lighting
• Allison 4700 RDS transmission
• Twin steer prep package
• Bridge formula bumpers for 29.5" front axle position
• Mixer body transition plates
• Set-back front axle position @ 48"
• Switch/harness pre-wire for lights (multiple configurations)
• Fresh air intake snow shield
• Snow plow cross member for wing plow support
• Extreme-climate thermal cab insulation
• 4.4 million RBM multichannel frame rails
• Carbon fiber-reinforced aluminum type 3 compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel tanks with approximate range of 400 miles, depending on application