BUILT FOR SEVERE DUTY. CONFIGURED FOR YOUR NEEDS.
The Freightliner Trucks 122SD is designed for big jobs and brutal conditions. So whether you’re hauling logs down a forest road or bringing stone out of a quarry, this truck can handle the job. With up to 600 horsepower and 2,050 lb-ft of torque, it has both the power and the pull. In fact, GCWR is rated up to 160,000 lbs. And there’s even an optional 1,700 square-inch radiator. So load it up, put it to work, and rest easy.
The 122SD also offers plenty of versatility. For starters, the clear back-of-cab chassis and robust electrical system make it easy to configure the vehicle to your precise specifications. The large windshield enhances visibility and safety. And, with a wheel cut up to 50 degrees, the large 122SD can get in and out of tight job sites much more easily. Then when you add a quiet, comfortable cab interior and the Detroit™ Virtual Technician™ onboard diagnostic system, you have a truck engineered for excellent productivity.
Tough inside and out
The 122SD is tough. Test after test demonstrates it. The components, systems and entire truck have been subjected to an array of product validation tests to ensure the 122SD delivers the expected function, performance and reliability. The result is a durable and safe cab that meets stringent A-pillar impact, rollover and back wall impact tests. Plus, the vocational chassis includes a robust backbone with a complete offering of single and double channel frame rails. This provides a tensile strength of up to 120,000 psi and an RBM ratio up to 5 million inch-pounds per rail. So it can handle the abuse of a typical job site. No problem.
• A durable, proven, non-corrosive aluminum SD cab reinforced with e-coated steel
• Strong cab construction; Henrob rivets used throughout the cab, and coach joints at cab roof and sidewall connections
• State-of-the-art adhesives to bond the cab’s substructure to distribute forces and decrease fatigue
• Bonded windshields increase rigidity and the two-piece design makes them easier to replace when damaged
Form And Function
The 122SD has rugged good looks, beginning with the stainless steel front grille, dual hood-mounted air intakes, bright-finish steel grille surround and signature chromed hood handle. It also has a new exhaust shield that provides better coverage of the exhaust pipe for a cleaner look and standard West Coast mirrors. The functional design of the exterior includes a new optional skid plate, as well as bumper and radiator guards to limit damage from tough job sites. You also can spec optional work lights, dual hood latches, and have pre-cleaners built into the hood air plenum.
• 122" BBC set-back axle
• Eaton Fuller® 10-speed manual transmission
• 1,700 square-inch radiator that can cool engines up to 600hp/2050lb-ft. torque with loads up to 210,000 lbs. GCW
• Strong, durable hood with bright-finish steel grille surround and signature chromed hood handle
• Front axle rated at 12,000 lbs.
• Rear axle rated at 40,000 lbs.
• Dual hood-mounted air intakes
• 100-gallon round aluminum fuel tank
• 20" x 36" tinted rear window
• Up to 50-degree wheel cut
• Ergonomic wraparound dash that's driver-friendly, quiet and durable
• Bandon Driftwood instrument panel
• Stainless steel front grille
• Dual exhaust with clear back-of-cab
• Hood tilts almost 90 degrees for easy engine access and serviceability
• Detroit™ Virtual Technician™ remote engine diagnostics
• Steer axles rated from 12,000 to 23,000 lbs.
• Drive axles (including Tridem) rated from 23,000 to 70,000 lbs.
• Liftable, steerable pusher and tag axles are available with ratings from 8,000 lbs. to 22,000 lbs. to meet almost any application
• Freightliner AirLiner®, TufTrac®, Haulmaax®, Primaax®/Firemaax®, Chalmers suspensions
• Set-forward front axle
• Transmission power takeoffs
• A wide range of Eaton® and Allison® transmissions
• In-cab battery box
• Large selection of frames, strengths and wheelbases
• Inner frame reinforcements for severe duty needs
• Hood fender extensions provide excellent spray protection
• Oregon Burl woodgrain instrument panel